Mascarpone and five:am vanilla bean yoghurt… a match made in dessert heaven. This is a super quick and easy, but equally delicious, spin on the classic Italian dessert that’s bound to be a crowd pleaser!
500g mascarpone cheese
170g tub five:am coffee bean yoghurt
500g Italian biscuits/sponge fingers
8 tbsp raw sugar
Pot of plunger coffee to serve 8 (allowed to cool)
1 punnet of fresh strawberries
_ block of chocolate, grated
1. Make a pot of coffee using 8 teaspoons of the ground organic coffee beans. Set aside to cool.
2. Separate egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites with an electric beater until stiff, set aside. Beat egg yolks with 8 tbsp of raw sugar.
3. Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture. Add the mascarpone cheese and five:am coffee bean yoghurt to egg mixture and mix well.
4. Soak one layer of Italian biscuits in cold pot of coffee and place biscuits in a row on your serving dish. Cover with an even thin layer of the grated chocolate. Pour half the mascarpone/coffee bean cream on top of the biscuits.
5. Repeat this process (add another row of biscuits, another thin layer of grated chocolate and top with the remaining mascarpone/coffee cream).
6. Garnish with fresh strawberries and grated chocolate.