A lemon, a coconut and tub of five:am yoghurt walked into an oven… All fun and games aside, this cake is no joke. Adding yoghurt makes this cake super moist and fluffy. Enjoy the citrusy flavours with a cup your finest earl grey for fine afternoon tea.
_ cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup coconut sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
_ tsp bicarb soda
2tsp aluminium gluten free baking powder
1tbsp lemon rind, finely grated
2tbsp lemon juice
1 cup five:am organic natural yoghurt
_ cup shredded coconut
1 _ cups spelt flour
Finely grated lemon rind
Five:am organic natural yoghurt
1. Preheat your oven to 180C, and line a 20cm cake tin or standard loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar and eggs and whisk well.
3. Add bicarb, baking powder, lemon rind, lemon juice and whisk again, before adding in the yoghurt and coconut and stirring all ingredients together.
4. Sift the spelt flour over the wet ingredients then lightly fold all ingredients together, being careful not to overbeat the mixture.
5. Pour into the cake or loaf tin and place in the oven for 50-60min or until skewer comes out clean when tested.
6. Whilst the cake is cooling in the tin, drizzle over some honey to give it a lovely glisten and a sprinkle of lemon rind for garnish.
7. Slice and serve with a dollop of five:am natural organic yoghurt.