Now here’s a little something special. Not only does it look amazing but the flavours are sensational. Did we say it’s super healthy too! Try it on a warm summers night outdoors. Perfect!
for the ocean trout
4 X 180g fillets of salmon (skin on)
Small handful of freshly picked dill, roughly chopped
for the salad base
2 medium sized zucchini, washed.
handful each of picked parsley, mint and rocket
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons of five:am natural yoghurt (no sugar added)
2 handfuls of mint, picked, washed, dried and finely chopped
Pinch of cracked pepper
1. Place the ocean trout onto a chopping board flesh side down. Using a sharp knife, make three incisions into the skin of each fillet Ð the incisions should be about 5mm deep. Place the ocean trout onto a plate and season with salt and pepper, scatter the chopped dill over both sides of the fish and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with cling wrap and allow to sit in the fridge.
2. While the ocean trout is marinating, place 4 tblsp five:am yoghurt into a mixing bowl, add the finely chopped mint, a pinch of salt and cracked pepper and mix to combine. Cover with cling wrap and place into the fridge until needed.
3. Use a potato peeler to peel long strips off the zucchini. Sprinkle some salt over the zucchini and allow to rest for two minutes. Rinse in cold water and then pat the zucchini dry using paper towel. Once dry, toss with the herbs and rocket. Dress with olive oil, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
4. Cook the salmon on a pre-heated grill plate or BBQ skin side down for 2-3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the salmon and cook for a further minute. Remove and allow to rest.
5. Cut each fillet into 8-10 pieces and toss into the zucchini salad base. Finish with a big dollop of the minted five:am yoghurt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.