Bread as a dessert or snack? Yeah-huh, you heard us right. This super wholesome and am:azingly tasty loaf is a great healthy alternative to bread. Try it with covered in five:am vanilla bean yoghurt with pecans.
1 _ cups buckwheat, soaked overnight, then drained well (approx 20min)
1 cup sunflower seeds
_ cup pepitas
_ cup flaxseeds
2tbsp chia seeds
4tbsp psyllium husk
1tsp sea salt
1tbsp dulse flakes (optional)
1 _ cups water
3tbsp coconut oil, melted
Five:am Organics Vanilla Bean Yoghurt
1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients, then mix well to combine.
2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper or use a silicon loaf mould. Pour into loaf tin, flatten with the back of your spoon so the loaf is even then allow to sit for at least 2 hours or overnight if you are well prepared.
3. Preheat your oven to 160C and place the loaf in the middle of the oven.
4. Allow to cook for 45minutes or until top of loaf has crispened.
5. Remove from oven, flip the loaf upside down onto a wire baking rack and peel away baking paper if present.
6. Place back into the oven and cook a further 45minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
7. Allow to cool at least one hour before slicing and serving.
Serve with five:am Organics Vanilla Been Yoghurt and a sprinkle of pecan nuts.