Figs are such a treat and perfect for a classic crumble, topped with organic yoghurt!
- 700g frozen mixed berries
- 3 fresh figs, sliced (dried figs if not in season)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup roughly chopped almonds
- ½ cup mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame and sunflower)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup five:am Vanilla Bean yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°c (160°c fan-forced).
- Place the berries and figs in a pie dish. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and 2 tsp of cinnamon and gently stir to combine.
- To make the crumble, combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix until it reaches a sandy texture.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the berries and figs and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
- Serve with a dollop of five:am Greek style yoghurt.