Oh my goodness… oh my goodness… oh my goodness. This flourless cake is so decadent and a great gluten free and healthy alternative to a traditional chocolate cake. The earthy addition of raw grated beetroot not only adds to the flavour but is rich beetrooty goodness like calcium, iron and vitamins A and C.
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
_ cup (100g) coconut sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2tsp vanilla essence or a good pinch vanilla powder
_ cup raw cacao powder
1 _ tsp baking powder
pinch celtic salt
150g (1 _ cups) almond meal
250g raw grated beetroot (approx 2 medium beetroot)
Five:am organic vanilla bean yoghurt
1. Preheat your oven to 180 and line a 20cm spring form round cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla until lovely and light.
3. Add raw cacao, baking powder and celtic salt and whisk well.
4. Stir through almond meal and raw grated beetroot until well combined.
5. Pour cake mixture into your cake tin and cook 45min or until the middle of the cake pops back when touched lightly.
6. Allow to cool in tin for at least 20minutes.
7. Prior to serving, sprinkle raw cacao powder over the top of the cake and then slice and serve with a lovely dollop of five:am organic vanilla bean yoghurt.